Mommy Obsession - Subscription Boxes (Birchbox and Blumm - One for me, One for them!)
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.If you know me, you know that for a couple of years, I've been obsessed with sample boxes subscriptions. The two that I've been subscribed to have mainly been Birchbox and Ipsy. The concept is pretty simple, for a nominal fee ($10 in the case of both of these boxes), every month, a cute little box or a cute little bag (depending on the service) arrives crammed full of 5-6 new products to try and sometimes full-size products or lifestyle items). Birchbox and Ipsy are both beauty subscriptions. After having quadruplets, these subscriptions became even more important to me. I look forward to them arriving each month because let's face it, I don't get out much and these provide me with my own little "getaway".
My Birchbox arrived today and I couldn't wait to tear into it! Here's what all I got this month:
- The first thing I noticed were the nice size samples of Neil George Shampoo and Conditioner. I LOVE trying out new hair products and these sizes are perfect for some upcoming trips we have planned (look forward to those blog posts). These products are created by Beverly Hills stylists and are anti-oxidant rich. I am really looking forward to trying these. Here's what my Birchbox Card tells me about these two products:
- Shampoo: Antioxidant-rich cleanser promotes shinier locks. Full Size - $9
- Conditioner: Paraben-free hydrator that detangles and smooths strands with antioxidants. Full Size - $9
- Next up, I smelled an amazing new fragrance, a Birchbox Exclusive, by Catherine Malandrino called Style de Paris. Catherine Malandrino has created her first fragrance mingling summery fruits and florals for an elegant vibe! I love fruits and florals so this perfume is right up my alley! I can't wait to wear it to mask some of the baby spit-up smell I'm normally sporting! Full Size $110
- Another Birchbox Exclusive followed with Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow. Out of everything in the box, this is probably the item I'm most on the fence about. I've tried several BB Creams and they all seem to break me out. However, the Birchbox card says this is a multitasker from the Chicago-founded brand that is rich in antioxidants and hydrating aloe so it might be worth a try! I'll probably try it on a less noticeable place and see how my skin reacts before I try it all over. Full Size $27
- Finally, the last item in my box was ModelCo's Shimmer Bronzer. I'm excited about this product because I am scraping the edges of my current brozer. I use bronzer in place of blush so I can't wait to test this out. The card says it's a lightweight pressed powder that gives skin a natural-looking glow with a hint of shimmer. Full Size $22
All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the box and I can't wait to try out the products! For $10, I definitely got some nice products. Now, if I could just find a use for reusing the cute little boxes and pocket packs that arrive each month. The cool thing about Birchbox is they also have a box designed for men as well now (although, I've yet to get Adam to sign up)! To learn more about Birchbox and to subscribe, click here.
The boxes have at least $40 worth of full-size products and always five or more products so seeing what I receive in my first box will definitely play a role in whether or not I keep the subscription. Unfortunately, I did read some reviews where individuals boxes only came up to at $22 value or so and that is kind of disheartening.
The products are supposedly hand selected (or at least selected by technology matching products to my profile) based on info I provided when I signed up. The boxes are hand-packed in Connecticut and items are selected from the US so at least I know they're coming from the US and creating jobs here versus sending them overseas. They didn't ask for a lot of information to complete my profile except for my child's name, age and gender. Of course, since I have four babies and four boxes are pretty expensive, I decided to go for the gender neutral box and roll the dice! I think it would definitely be a cool option for the company to offer boxes geared towards multiples!
Hopefully, my box will arrive in a few days and I can't wait to share it with you guys! I'm also working with the company to see if we can get a special coupon code for readers of LotsobabyLane! And perhaps even a special giveaway for one lucky reader! If you'd like to find out more about Bluum in the meantime, click here!
That's all I've got for you guys today but check back for Wednesday's "Ask the Quad Mom" and later in the week for my review of the Bluum box!
Until next time, love and prayers,